Publishing Sales Director
Join us and help publishers thrive in a post-cookie world!
Our company, the role and the team
The future of digital marketing is cookie-less. It is ID free. It is privacy-first. And Digiseg is already there. Our goal is to help as many Publishers unlock their anonymized traffic, maximizing revenue and deliver results for advertisers. Publishers is one of Digiseg’s fastest-growing client groups, which makes it an amazing opportunity to use your in-depth knowledge of the publishing industry to drive revenue and growth in a very visible way.
Digiseg is a seven-year-old company based in Copenhagen, Denmark. We are Scandinavian to the core and this position will reflect that. We offer a high degree of flexibility. We value autonomy; results are more than where and when you are working. We are committed to creating an exceptional employee experience and know new ideas can come from everywhere in the organization.
Digiseg is one of the largest independent data providers in the world in the programmatic space. We operate in 44 markets and are expanding rapidly. Our client base includes all the major agency groups and some of the largest publishing groups. We are a small team working from Copenhagen, Warsaw, and Lisbon.
We are looking for a Publishing Sales Director responsible for selling audience data for targeting and measurement to publishers. You will start almost from scratch and help define what to sell and how to sell it. Your insights into publishing yield optimisation will drive growth by understanding Publishers’ ad tech and their needs to monetise inventory in a cookie-free, anonymized world. You will report to the CCO.
What you’ll be doing
You will be responsible for sales and drive growth through high standards of customer service and satisfaction throughout all areas of the business and fostering long-term relationships with our clients.
- Establish Digiseg as a publishing partner and identify publishing opportunities
- Build and expand our client portfolio across the sell-side.
- Identify the most optimal way to target, address and build profitable client relationships with a customer-centric attitude.
- Represent the company at industry events.
- Put your product and technical knowledge to commercial use and become an expert in our products and educate your clients on the use of our Audience data and Analytical products.
What You Need To Succeed
You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in publishing or selling to publishers. You have knowledge of how publishers monetise ad space, and you are located in Copenhagen. Sales experience is required. Programmatic experience and knowledge of ad servers, header bidding, networks, CDPs and SSPs is a plus. Beyond that, you are:
- A confident, high-energy, self-motivated team player
- A proactive solution seeker
- Have demonstrable success building and maintaining positive relationships
- Proficient in client and account handling
- Excellent organisation, project management, time management, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong English, written and verbal communication.
- Strong data analysis skills, with confidence to act on findings
- Able to travel up to 30 days a year
- Connected in the adtech and publishing industry, you can activate your network
This is what you can expect
- Favourable salary + Bonus scheme
- 6 weeks paid vacation (PTO) and 37,5-hour workweek
We value all our new colleagues and make sure you will receive the experience that you can use for many years forward.
Please submit your application through LinkedIn or send us your CV.
Reference to Digisegs CCO, Andrew Furst.
Contact – Headhunter:
Phone: +45 20 85 80 40
Digiseg Vision and Mission – for ethical audience data
We envision a world where ad-tech serves humankind and works in the service of truth.
Digital tracking, echo chambers, fake news, and walled gardens that traffic human decisioning-power must end. Ultimately, press-accredited media, investigative journalism, democracy, and free will are at stake.
Our team’s goal is to enable advertisers to target consumers in a tracking-free manner while achieving similar, or better returns on advertising spend as the walled gardens’ highly invasive approaches. We will know we’ve reached our goal when the majority of digital campaigns are neither measured nor targeted using personal data and tracking.